It’s time to start uploading your content. We recommend that you upload a sufficient amount of assets before publishing the apps. This way, you avoid being rejected by the App Store Reviews-achieving a better experience for the end-user from the beginning is guaranteed. With that said, how much content is sufficient? The bare minimum is filling in all the pages, subpages (content sections) and playlists of your Nunchee OTT.
Creating a new asset is very simple. Let’s see how it works!
Step 1: Click on “Content Manager”.
Choose what kind of content you want to create. Nunchee supports different types of media assets.
1) Posts: Create flexible articles with a combination of images, texts and videos. In the ‘Post’ section, click on ‘Add a Post’ and start filling in the fields. You can adjust text fonts and styles, insert images, external links, Youtube videos or Tweets by adding the url from these services. Hope you like this feature! Its flexibility allows you to create cool articles, news, blogs, kitchen recipes or whatever you’d like.
Important Note: Adding ‘tags’ and choosing a ‘category’ will enable you to create an automatic Playlist and associate them to a specific section of the app. You can add several categories to show the content in different sections of the app.
2) Do you want to add a video? Click on VOD and then choose an existing video from the library or upload one from your computer. Or instead, you can copy and paste the streaming url if you hosted your videos outside of Nunchee Platform.
3) Please consider that Live Streaming is only available for customized plans.
If you are using an external video platform and have access to the streaming endpoint, you can copy and paste the url directly onto Nunchee.
Nunchee tip: One of the coolest things about Nunchee Platform is that you can create different business rules and limit your content for specific countries, type of products or users, languages, and among others. We called this feature “Access Groups”. Go to this section and create a new rule and value. Then, when creating any kind of content you can select the Access Group you want to have access to the content.
Step 2: Click on “Media Library”.
1) Images: Uploading an image is very similar. Have your content looking excellent by cropping and resizing the image according to each ratio aspect.
Every image uploaded to Nunchee will be stored immediately in the Library. You can always go back to the library to freely use the image again without the need of uploading it again.
2) Videos: You have 2 options, choose a file to upload or enter a m3u8 URL. If entering a URL, just fill in the necessary fields. And every video uploaded to Nunchee will be stored immediately in the Library section. You can always go back to the library to freely use the video again without the need of uploading it again.
Important Note: What is the difference between uploading a video in Content Manager and uploading a video in Media Library? Great question! There is not a significant difference. Every asset uploaded in the Media Library will be available in the Content Manager and vice-versa. The main difference is that in the Content Manager, you must add all the metadata of that asset, while in the Media Library you just need to upload or attach the URL of the streaming video. You can create several Video Contents with the same URL after uploading it one time.
Nunchee tip: Whenever you want to create a video or image asset, be sure to add all types of tags and categories to the asset. The search would be made quicker and easier when you want to reuse the asset again.